Csikszentmihalyi is a psychologist recognized for his work in the field of creativity. His theory of flow refers to a hyper focused and productive state of mind.
9 elements one may experience in a flow state.
1. Clear goals every step of the way.
2. Immediate feedback to one's actions.
3. A balance between challenges and skills.
4. Action and awareness are merged.
5. Distractions are excluded from consciousness.
6. No worry of failure.
7. Self-consciousness disappears.
8. Sense of time becomes distorted.
9. The activity becomes autotelic.
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Creativity: Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention.
New York: Harper Collins, 1996.